*** FREE / DONATION-BASED ONLINE PRACTICE SESSIONS DURING CORONAVIRUS SOCIAL DISTANCING PERIOD ***
The following sessions are being provided free of charge to help people during isolation - all DAYS & TIMES are for London, UK Timezone - If you find these sessions useful and would like to donate, please see ways you can support our work here
- Meeting ID: 946 603 5789
- Password: Namaste
Monday mornings :
- 7:00-7:45am Sitting Meditation Quick chance to check in, then 25 mins sitting meditation (unguided) and chance to share experiences briefly afterwards. Additional relevant self study resources for this session are: Practical Zen for Health, Wealth & Mindfulness; Practical Zen: Meditation & Beyond - Both available to buy on www.zenways.org. Also the Insight Timer app
- 7:45-8:45am Zen Yoga Class Led Zen Yoga practice to get the body moving in the morning. Additional relevant self study resources for this session can be found at the bottom of this page - scroll down
Wednesday evenings :
- 6:00-7:30pm Zen Yoga Teatime Class 60 min Class (see Monday's class description) with a chance to chat afterwards if you have time
Thursday mornings :
- 7:00-7:45am Moving Meditation Quick chance to check in, then 25-30 mins moving meditation (unguided) and chance to share experiences. Additional relevant self study resources for this session are: Let go & flow - developing a spontaneous movement practice blog & Dancing the wisdom of your body article - also Spontaneous Zen & Zen Yoga for Spring DVD's available to buy on www.zenways.org
- 7:45-8:45am Capoeira Fitness Class Solo Capoeira movement training - expect stretches, ginga, kicks, dodges, solo sequences & some acrobatic moves. Additional information & videos about Capoeira can be found on www.oxfordcapoeira.co.uk, @soulmovementyoga Facebook & Instagram accounts, my YouTube channel
Friday evenings :
- 5:00-7:00pm Friday night Capoeira Social 60 min Capoeira Class (see Thursday's class description) with a chance to chat afterwards if you have time
OTHER SUPPORT - We have WhatsApp groups for Capoeira & Zen Yoga - if you'd like to join either, please message Chris on 07521298488 - giving your name, any other relevant info (e.g. what you normally practice) and letting me know which group you would like to join
DISCLAIMER - You are fully responsible for your own safety - if in doubt about the suitability of these practices for you, get a medical opinion. We cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage to you and your property due to these practices. Be sensible about how and where you practice. Good luck!
WHAT IF I CAN'T ATTEND THESE CLASSES? If you cannot attend the classes above, then here are some suggestions about other ways you can practice:
Private Yoga and / or Capoeira classes If you would prefer to have private classes, please contact Chris on firstname.lastname@example.org / 07521298488
Practising Yoga at home It's good to complement the work you do in Yoga class by developing your own practice at home - here are some ideas to get you started:
Zenways YouTube channel - Free Yoga and Meditation videos by Zenways
Zenways Shop - You can buy Zen Yoga full length class videos or other materials for self study here
Spontaneous Yoga - my favourite practice & perhaps the truest form of Yoga - simply get out your Yoga mat, and follow your own body's intuition, adapting your movements and postures to what your body is asking for. When your awareness is centred on the body, its energy and needs, it is naturally drawn into the present moment.
Other resources - if you prefer a more structured approach, then there are plenty of Yoga books and YouTube videos out there. I have enjoyed practising with Richard Hittleman's 'Yoga 28-Day Exercise Plan' (good introduction to Hatha Yoga) as well as Dagmar Spremberg's YouTube videos (intermediate Vinyasa style) & Cyndi Lee's book 'Yoga body, Buddha mind' (with sequences for beginners, intermediate & advanced). If you choose the self study route, do please remember to go gently!